Friday 21 September 2007

Crafting 365 / 37 & 38 - birds!

Bit busy yesterday so no time for the old blogging. Two days of craftiness have passed and thus here are two photos:As you may be able to gather, I have been making fat little bird ornaments. These are bigger versions of an old pattern - you can see the old & new patterns in the first picture. Hurrah for birds! Also late last night I started knitting little hats for the Big Knit. They are the perfect "it's late at night and I am half-asleep" crafty project, although sewing them together takes a bit more concentration!

In other news, I got very excellent tea-themed post yesterday. Here it is:
A lovely print from theblackapple and the gorgeous teapot brooch I ordered from seaurchin (she also sent a little freebie heart pin and an "emergency" teabag, brilliant!). The brooch is even more beautiful in real life than in pictures, it almost made me cry when I first saw it. I shall be wearing it pretty much constantly this winter I think. The print is the second piece of art I have bought from Etsy - I also treated myself to a print from atwhim which is now available as delicious postcards. I have my eye on a few more bits of art but I shall have to restrain myself and build up my collection slowly or I shall be bankrupt before you can say "gosh what a nice picture of an owl/tree/teacup"

I have also been sent another moustache-in-action photo, this time from the lovely Brooke of gemmafactrix (another one of my wonderful volunteer moustache models). She even sweetly blogged about it here. I really love seeing these photos, they are just so much fun.

Oh, and I managed to get some photos taken of my giant mobile all stretched out - I had to move the kitchen table over to the windowsill to get anywhere near enough light, and I was perched rather precariously on a chair but I got there in the end...

0 comments: