Thursday 3 June 2010

Knit Knit Knit

Knitting continues to dominate my "spare time" crafting at the moment. The boyfriend even bought me a knitting bag for my birthday! It's the perfect size for carrying loads of "on the go" projects, spare balls of yarn and the big knitting book my mum bought me:


Our knitting group has decided to knit blanket squares for a charity project. I'm hoping to try out some "proper" patterns soon like this cute hat pattern (modelled by the youngest member of our knitting group!)...


... but in the meantime the blanket squares are keeping me busy! I've been knitting in the Post Office (it makes queuing much less dull) and curling up with a square in front of the telly in the evenings. I've discovered I can even knit them while watching the subtitles on the Swedish version of Wallander - hurrah.

We've received lots of balls of donated yarn for our blanket square project, including some of this fancy stuff...


... I've not knitted with that kind of yarn before, so it was really fun to try it out.


It was surprisingly easy to knit with, and hides mistakes wonderfully amongst all that fluff, but goodness knows how you count how many rows you've done!

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Oooh I want to rub my feet on those squares!

nicedaydesigns said...

I got a delivery of loads of knitting needles recently, there were so many of them sitting there calling to me. So last night I took out my craft book and revised my knowledge of knitting and started knitting for the first time in 15 years!! I'm very SLOW, but I might continue it though, it was fun!

Tumus said...

LOL I've knitted with that fluffy stuff before and it was a bit of a pain when it came to counting, but so long as you weren't off by much you'd never know ^_^ It's super soft isn't it :)

ClaireP said...

Hats are much easier than you think! I've made a few for myself and my little girl and they turn out jus fine. I'm quite a rubbish knitter - too scared to try anything fancy! Socks are easy too! :)

Me, You and Magoo said...

I can't knit very well, but I can manage squares and made a couple of blankets when I was pregnant. It's actually quite relaxing making squares, no pattern to follow!
Nice to see him indoors is spoiling you :)

Storeyshop said...

Knitting while keeping up with Swedish Wallander is amazing :)